The SARUA Executive Committee and Chief Executive Officer continues with the implementation of a strategy for 2017-2020, agreed to at the 2016 Triennial General Meeting.This strategy is based on a three-pronged approach -
- To be the responsive connecting hub for universities' multiple stakeholder interests as a regional convenor of choice for higher education initiatives.
- To maintain a clear focus on capacity development programmes directly relevant to the needs of SADC universities along the themes of leadership and quality.
- To implement an operating model for internal sustainability, which demonstrates value for money and contributes new revenue opportunities for members.
SARUA's strategic direction and priorities is informed by the priorities of the regional agenda for Southern Africa. Some of the key documents that are used in SARUA's planning include -
There are a number of regional priorities that are considered in the strategic planning of SARUA, including -
- Staff and Student Mobility: Regional Qualifications Framework; Regional Quality Assurance Framework; CAT.
- Leadership and management development
- Collaborative Teaching and Learning Materials
- Curriculum Innovation to support national and regional development
- Collaborative Postgraduate Programmes
- Collaborative Research (Centres of Excellence)